Chemistry Graduate (2 positions)
A graduate of chemistry preferably with a synthesis polymer or analytical background is urgently required to work closely with R&D teams to help drive the development of new technology platforms, deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to the customer.
This team offers an opportunity for a graduate chemist or an experienced chemist with an interest/ experience in cannabidiol/terpenes to tackle a range of technical challenges offering chances to grow and develop and learn about a key area of the business. The role will provide laboratory and other technical support to the team, collaborating to develop and deploy next-generation product platforms.
• Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
• Design, recommend and execute experimental programmes with guidance from supervisor
• Co-ordinate and ensure completion of discrete work elements; schedule analytical and performance tests, collate and analyse data
• Participate in project/activity teams, present results and conclusions of the work as required
• Interact with internal and external contacts as required to progress projects
• Liaise with external service providers to ensure analytical and bench testing is delivered to a high-quality standard and against established timelines
• Provide expert support to Operations, Customers and R&D related to the chemistry, processing and applications of products.
• To have a comprehensive understanding of technologies, products & applications with a view to developing new growth opportunities
• Plan, deliver and administer projects or work packages through new Product Development system, including pilot and production phases to launch.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
• BSc, MSc, Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Polymer Science, or a related subject.
• Strong scientific background with extensive experience of working in a laboratory is preferred with synthetic/organic chemistry
• Also graduates with just project-based experience in synthetic or botanical chemistry • Strong commitment to HSE and quality values • Strong sense of urgency and able to drive work forward to meet targets and timelines
• Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills
• Capable of drawing technically sound conclusions from data, summarise, document and present results clearly on his / her work
• Competent user of data analysis packages and word processing software
• Strong scientific background with extensive experience of working in a laboratory is preferred